Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Rāpare - 31.03.21

 Kia ora koutou

Today in Main Lesson we finished our drawings of St Michael and the dragon. We added St Michael with his shining light all around him and the backgrounds. I retold the story while they finished their drawings, adding in meteors and burnt down villages. Here is a sample of what was created...





After morning tea ngā tamariki played their last games of cvc wordle. We then revised our consonants, vowels, and consonant teams (digraphs, two letters that work together to make one sound - sh, ch, th, ng, wh). After that we got blackboards, chalk and a duster between two and I gave them cvc words to write, starting with pan. Then I asked them to add an extra letter to make it plan. Next I asked them to write cap, then add a letter to make it clap. The third cvc word I gave them was fat... suddenly around the room tamariki started guessing that the next word would be flat, how clever! This was our first instruction on blends, consonants that walk next to each other but still say their own sound. 

After literacy practice we played some "I'm thinking of a three digit number" to warm up. Then I gave them the number twelve and asked them to think of all the ways they can make the number twelve. This was the third time we have done this now (10, 8, 12) and they are mostly able to work independently to come up with some very sophisticated ways of making 12. 


After lunch we went to the library which is always a highlight of the week. On the way back we stopped to play on the fort, some children played football with class 3 students and their teacher Kian. Finally we came back to the class to cover the sandpit and make an obstacle course to enjoy tomorrow morning when we arrive at school.

Take care
Arohanui
Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rāhina - 04.04.22

 Kia ora koutou I have tested positive for COVID this afternoon so sadly this will be my last post until I am back at school.  I will be off...