Sunday, April 3, 2022

Rāhina - 04.04.22

 Kia ora koutou

I have tested positive for COVID this afternoon so sadly this will be my last post until I am back at school. I will be off until Tuesday next week at the earliest. The school have organised a relief teacher for the days I am away. I am sure the tamariki will be fine while I am at home getting better, I have had nothing but positive, glowing feedback from every relief teacher they have ever had. 

Today we started as we do every Monday, drawing what we did on the weekend and then sharing to the class. Afterwards Class One came to us for an assembly to welcome ngā tamariki and kaiako back to school and share a bit about Harvest Festival and our play area rules. It was so lovely to have our neighbours back and they loved hearing the story about the dragon and St Michael slaying him. 

As the assembly took a large portion of main lesson time we decided that instead of writing the middle of the story we would design the sword we would use to defeat the dragon. The class will be writing the middle and end of the story over the rest of the week with their reliever. 

This week for kid writing we wrote about having a magical object. There were so many great ideas, magic carpets that could take them anywhere, soccer balls that would never miss a goal to name a couple. Here is the writing we wrote together and I modeled on the board. 



Our ideas were so great, I couldn't even fit the whole story on the board. 

Afterwards we played guess my three digit number a few times before lunch.

This afternoon was free play and lyre. There was a great fortress built in the middle with a king, prince and many other characters.

Take care,

Arohanui

Stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rāhina - 04.04.22

 Kia ora koutou I have tested positive for COVID this afternoon so sadly this will be my last post until I am back at school.  I will be off...